Nov 2,2017 - Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
• Introduction to self-care
• Essentials to a healthy self-care plan
• Using therapeutic art in their own self-care
• 1st canvas 9 x 12 – Debrief the process
• 2nd canvas 14 x 18 – Debrief the process
Sometimes the last person individuals will nurture are themselves. This neglect undermines healthy work practices but can be corrected if the individual not only pays attention to client care but also to self-care.
Through a series of colorful exercises, participants will reach deep within their souls to access their creative talents and experience a new way to self-care. Colors can convey what we can’t say. The colors we choose to represent our feelings, emotions and memories are as unique as each one of us. Participants create a series of abstract paintings that bring to the surface his or her own story.
Doors open at 8:15 am
American Red Cross Auditorium
2201 Charlotte Avenue